The final numbers are in for wd8bmp

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
w8jn

The final numbers are in for wd8bmp

Post by w8jn »

We all have the right to "honestly" buy equipment and resell it as soon or as often as we want. We all watched a previous thread where Mike wd8bmp, hounded, harassed and thrashed dave over the terrible misrepresentation that mike claimed dave made on his 9000c. Well, Dave reimbursed reimbursed Mike $300+ for shipping back to Yaesu to have the "warranty work" done to the rig. We all know that Mike failed to have the work done and put the rig up for sale on ebay. Mike paid $4900 for the rig and $100 for shipping, His final sale from ebay netted him $5275 plus shipping and the $300 he demanded from Dave. We all have one question, after making $500 profit on a rig that he claimed was badly misrepresented here by Dave, Will Mike reimburse his ebay buyer the $300 to ship the rig back to Yaesu for warranty repair. Mike will you hold yourself to the same standard that you demanded from Dave?
Again, the big question to Mike, are you going to extend the same honesty to your buyer that Dave extended to you?
Happy Hoss Trading Paul w8jn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Sounds like Mike has learned how to do business via Radio Mart way..
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

$$$

Post by w8jn »

Larry,
I never understood how some people could value a few $$$ over their reputation??? Mike squeezed $300 out of Dave. Thats "chump change" compared to the long term damage to his reputation. Wait till he tries to cry wolf again anywhere on the internet.........
Happy Hoss Trading Paul w8jn
Martha

Why not sign off?

Post by Martha »

What I can’t understand is why you two spend so much time with your perverse brand of mental masturbation. I have been reading this board for over a year and you two appear dozens of times in postings, constantly passing your own so-called judgments in you so-called “court of public opinion,” providing much heat and little if any light on the issues at hand. Worse, it most cases, the issue of the threads you willingly contaminate have nothing to do with you. Put another way, they were not and are not any of your damn business. So, why not sign off until you have something worthwhile to say for the right reasons?

Martha
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Martha i'm assuming that Mike is your Husband and if so i guess you feel you should support him. But lets get one thing settled once and for all,that is these are public open comments open to all others comments. It's not your place to deny others as long as there not being slanderous to tell them to mind your own business. All most of us have to go by is what both people involved in the dispute have to say. And unfortunitely your Mike made his self look bad. We all stumble but if were a real man we get back up and try not to stumble again. You judge Paul and i which is fine that is your comment on a open discussion. By the way if you really did all this back ground research on Paul and i then you should have read where i stumbled and made a bad statement about another Ham and Paul corrected me. I got back up on my feet and apologized and that is where it ended. It's not like most on here enjoy the written battles but suspect many do. So it is your choice to fight your mates battles and i have no problem but just understand the fight before you jump in.
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

wrong

Post by w8jn »

Martha,
Your man "Mikey Boy" came to a public forum to use this to extort money from Dave. He came to a public forum to win in the "court of public opinion" When you open up a public forum, you have given license to all to state their opinion whether you like it or not. Mikey Boy tried to "rile the crowd" to bully Dave into paying him. His bully tactics did not "win over the public" Mikey Boy stated his opinion, and the facts proved him wrong. He cried wolf over the terrible misfortune he suffered, then profited $500 and "stuck it to somebody on ebay". I guess Mikey Boy can be an unethical seller, but woaaahhh unto the person that Mikey Boy thinks did him wrong. Mikey Boy owes Dave $300.
The next time Mikey Boy tries to use this forum as a "figurative gun" to extort money from an unsuspecting seller, this will serve as the record. When Mikey Boy does the honorable thing and refunds the money he bullied from Dave, Larry and I will remove our posts.
Happy HONEST hoss trading Paul w8jn
wd8bmp

Post by wd8bmp »

Yes lets talk about the numbers and facts. The radio that was bought clearly stated with warranty, and Paul and company refuse to publish this fact.... Paul and company only post items to warrant and make it appear that they are "doing good for the ham community". If warranty was never specified in the ad then I would not of made a point with the buyer. But once again Paul does not post facts, like this ad stating with warranty, and that the buyer and seller of this radio mutually agreed upon a settlement.
Now, lets talk about these numbers.....ebay insert fee--$153.97. ebay commission fee---$62.43, paypal feee--$153.16, and also added addition insurance coverage for $48.17....total---$417.73. Yes looks to me like I made a huge profit here my fellow ham op's.
Also what is very interesting is the man I bought this radio from, made 2 ebay bids on it, much much less ($1,000 apprx.) then what I paid for it. What's up with that???
The buy and seller here both agreed to the terms, and once again Paul and company simply refuse and ignore the whole story...and they will not publish this either.
I find it very interesting about this 'Martha" person. For the recond this is NOT my wife. If my wife wants to post a posting she is a strong will and quite intelligent women and does not need to hide behind a "character name". Once again Paul and company stating zero facts.
The fact is: radio was bought here posted with warranty and it did not have warranty. Paul did not state this. Paul and company also did not state that it was a mutual agreement to have the buyer send funds to help offset the cost to ship the radio, but once again Paul and company failed again and did not state that out-of pocket warranty service was my responsibility.
No wonder younger people do not wish to enter the hobby with such children like attitudes and the hobby is on the decline. There are handfuls of people in this hobby that have ego's the size of Grand Canyon....have a label called: "OO" and feel they have the right to "tell it like it is". UH HUH!
Paul and company should get the numbers straight before posting such gribble.

I have said this before and will say it again, I appreicate all the email's and private messages I have recv'd pertaining to this matter all stating your possitive comments. Thank you.

It's been fun !

w8jn

`once again mikey boy wrong

Post by w8jn »

Mikey Boy,
As I said, You opened up the court of public opinion. You do not have the option to shut it down or cry foul when you do not like the public opinion you hear. If you dont like opposing opinion then you should have kept this private in the first place.
You profited $500. Selling on ebay has costs. YOU DID PROFIT $500 and that $500 covered all your costs involved in selling your rig on ebay. A normal seller would have netted about $4600 after costs. The money you extorted from dave covered all of your costs. Did you thank dave? Probably not.
Sooooo Mikey Boy, instead of walking away with $4600, you walked with $5100+. You came out about $500 ahead. Dont try to pull a third grade math scam on this forum. You underestimate the readers. Had you not scammed Dave out of $300 and made an additional $275 on the sale of your rig, you would have been like the rest of us honest traders and sellers, covering our own honest costs out of our own honest pockets. You could have sold it on QTH.COM to avoid ebay costs however everyone here knew that you were being less than ethical by demanding that Dave pay for shipping to Yaesu and you did not fix the rig. You figured that you could hide in anonymity on ebay. You really underestimated your fellow hams! POP GOES THE WEASEL. Or shall we simply say BUSTED!!!
Happy HONEST hoss trading Paul w8jn
wd8bmp

Post by wd8bmp »

Hi Paulie,

I presume you will agree with me that you are a man of your word and you stand by your words.
The following is a cut and paste with respect to the sale of this rig that you are referring to.

w8jnJoined: 07 Mar 2003Posts: 474 Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:41 pm Post subject: ????

"Dave, I may be wrong, however, i think yaesu may pay the shipping charges for return on warranty work. call them monday a.m. to check on that. also, if they do not pay the charges, they receive a significant corporate discount for shipping. it may be $159 out, however return should be significantly less. happy hoss trading. paul w8jn and by the way.... its nobody's business what you do with the money you receive from the proceeds of the sale. go on vacation, leave town, buy a car, buy a new rig.... you forgot to say mommy may i. hihi"

Now, of course since you make the rules, you can change the rules, to suit you and your friends needs. Once again if the ad would of not stated that it came with warranty there would have been no movement on my part. Both parties came to a mutual agreement, and any out of pocket non-warranty work would be my responsibility. Once again, both of these parties have moved onwards. I am sure you will continue to post your views, about many other topic’s but I will no longer post replies as I wish no longer to waste my time, the readers time and Scott’s resources.
I have never met you, spoken with you, nor even made a contact with you on the air…. but I will say that life will go forward with or without your postings, views and comments.

Have a nice day Mr.Glassman and wish you all the best.!
SK..
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

WD8BMP i see a Ham is selling a KW 480SAT that you sold him as New but he has never been able to get the 3.5 band to work. I'm curious since you seem to say your honest and imply fair did you offer the said ham a partial refund? Looks like i said before your sounding like another Radio Mart. To any one interested the ham is offering the radio today on QTH for $600.00 and has already bought another one that really is new.
Larry Huff K0pd