KUHN Electronics, Inc 353B VHF/AM/FM Receiver

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
57dodgerman

Post by 57dodgerman »

Hello - I am looking for information on the 4-tube version of the KUHN Electronics, Inc 353B VHF/AM/FM Receiver. I would like to know the tube line-up and get a copy of the schematic and/or owners manual. I picked up this radio a few years ago without tubes and am trying to resurrect it. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!!
w9rc

Kuhn Electronics

Post by w9rc »

I used to work for Henry in the mid fifties. Your radio is after my time. If I had a sharp picture of the top and bottom of chassis I might be able to help you. My Email address is Rod@w9rc.com
Rodney L Clingerman
wd8bst

Post by wd8bst »

I apprenticed with Henry Kuhn starting in 1974 and worked on a few of these units in for repair. They are impressive units and unique in that they are Super regenerative in design. I have recently obtained a VHF unit like yours from E-bay and plain to restore it this winter. I don’t know if there was a schematic in the original paperwork for the unit. I do not have a schematic yet but will make one when I restore the unit. If you can hold on to the unit for a while longer I will make one available to anyone who needs it. He also made a shortwave unit and some converters, the search go on. (I would like to see his equipment live on as a memorial To Henry R Kuhn – W8ERG- 1915 to 1995 he was a good man.)
wa3hta

Re: KUHN Electronics, Inc 353B VHF/AM/FM Receiver

Post by wa3hta »

wd8bst wrote:I apprenticed with Henry Kuhn starting in 1974 and worked on a few of these units in for repair. They are impressive units and unique in that they are Super regenerative in design. I have recently obtained a VHF unit like yours from E-bay and plain to restore it this winter. I don’t know if there was a schematic in the original paperwork for the unit. I do not have a schematic yet but will make one when I restore the unit. If you can hold on to the unit for a while longer I will make one available to anyone who needs it. He also made a shortwave unit and some converters, the search go on. (I would like to see his equipment live on as a memorial To Henry R Kuhn – W8ERG- 1915 to 1995 he was a good man.)
Hi; just picked up a Kuhn model 353A am/fm vhf rcvr. seems in good
condx with all tubes. just looking now for info/schematics on the net.
havent plugged in yet, will check caps first.
73 jim kw3u
jim kw3u
wa3hta

it works 353A

Post by wa3hta »

all was good inside. cleaned bandswitch. plugged in 25 ft wire outside,
tuned around got aircraft in the 120-130mc range,
also some unmarked positions beyond f on the bandsw i received
sw stations very well, not sure of freqs.
learned to play with the regen/gain control, very neat.
excess to my needs it is available.
jim kw3u@arrl.net
jim kw3u