Texas Towers WOULD NOT Honor their Advertised Price

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
kb5kwo

Texas Towers WOULD NOT Honor their Advertised Price

Post by kb5kwo »

Just a Quick Note concerning my Rig Purchase..

I was surfing Texas Towers site on May 25 , and landed on the "Deals" page which had coupons and special purchase prices for various rigs and equipment. The IC-718 that I was after was on the page , listed at $ 614.00.

When I contacted the Plano distributor, I was told in no uncertain terms that the listed price would not be honored. The new and improved price of $644.oo was in effect and we " simply havent taken down the old price"

Never mind that the special price of $614.00 was still in plano .. ..I mean plain view..

Not too big of a deal really.. .. Just a little surprising..

kb5kwo
kb5kwo
W3WN

Re: Texas Towers WOULD NOT Honor their Advertised Price

Post by W3WN »

kb5kwo wrote:Just a Quick Note concerning my Rig Purchase..

I was surfing Texas Towers site on May 25 , and landed on the "Deals" page which had coupons and special purchase prices for various rigs and equipment. The IC-718 that I was after was on the page , listed at $ 614.00.

When I contacted the Plano distributor, I was told in no uncertain terms that the listed price would not be honored. The new and improved price of $644.oo was in effect and we " simply havent taken down the old price"

Never mind that the special price of $614.00 was still in plano .. ..I mean plain view..

Not too big of a deal really.. .. Just a little surprising..

kb5kwo
While as a practical matter I wouldn't bother to do so over $30, I believe that in most states, under the law, the store must honor the advertised price. Period.

OK, there are some specific exceptions, such as a misprint in the newspaper, or a limited quantity available, and such, but if they simply didn't bother to update their website... too bad.