Yaesu FT-726R frequency adjustment help needed!

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
W4AJF

Yaesu FT-726R frequency adjustment help needed!

Post by W4AJF »

Hi all, I just received a Yaesu FT-726R but it seems to be a little off frequency. What I mean is, if I am receiving let's say 146.790mhz, I need to tune the radio to approx 146.794mhz for the discriminator to be centered. When I tune to 146.794mhz and use my external frequency counter to see what frequency I am actually on, it reads 146.7937mhz which is pretty close so I need help in adjusting the radio so the discriminator is centered when I am on the CORRECT frequency. Any help greatly appreciated if someone is familiar with the FT-726R.

Thanks,

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
adamf@eeco.com
k9yli

Post by k9yli »

I have a ft 221 2 meter all mode.. the basic operators guide shows most of the manual (think pot) adjustments.. mic gain, deviation etc.
down load the manual and have at it.

this should just be a tweak of the local oscilator to match the display counter..

/dial calibration.

edit. i re-read that. actual output and dial read the same.

discriminator meter is off. adjustment for centering that is whats needed.
W4AJF

Help Needed FT-726R adjusting RECEIVE frequency!

Post by W4AJF »

Hi all, to clarify, I need help adjusting just the RECEIVE frequency of the FT-726R, the transmit is actually now right on frequency but the receive is off, someone out there must be able to tell me how to move the received frequency?

Any help REALLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL