Paradynamics PDC 5 SWR Power Meter W/ Antenna Tuner

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
ratter

Paradynamics PDC 5 SWR Power Meter W/ Antenna Tuner

Post by ratter »

Hey Guys,
Is this swr power meter/antenna tuner any good?

Tommy Dies ( soon to get license Dec. 19 will not get here quick enough...I like a kid waiting for Christmas.
what a day...I guess its better than a poke in eye with a sharp stick!
KB3LMV

Tuner

Post by KB3LMV »

Hi tommy
Never heard of that one Check E-Ham reviews.MFJ 949E is a decent unit it has 2 50ohm inputs+ a 300 ohm for ladderline or Longwire (4 to 1 Balun) 300 watt cross needle meter & a300 watt dummy Load.I think I gave $130 for mime 4 yrs ago at HRO Great unit for the money I've seen used one for around $100,
Good luck on element 3& maybe Santa your General Ticket
73 4 Now
Paul
Paul KB3LMV
KB3LMV

follow up

Post by KB3LMV »

Hi Again
Save your cash Its an 11 meter piece.Dont hit with 100 watts without a Fire Extinguisher Close At Hand it Might work for 10 meter QRP but not much else. Saw a MFJ 949 E list on QTH Classifides 11/05 for $125 with box & manua.l
73 4 now
Paul
Paul KB3LMV
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

Save up and buy a Palstar. You will be able to count on it for the rest of your life. As for the Mighty Fine Junk......don't waste your money!! The vanes on the tuner will fall out. The meter movement will crap out and the tuning sucks wind. The ones with roller inductors will burn up at the drop of hat and 50 watts!!
Yessir..get a Palstar!! Mine is bolted to the bench and will be buried with me when I die!!
ratter

Tuner

Post by ratter »

thanks guys you probably save me from buying a piece of junk

tommy dies
what a day...I guess its better than a poke in eye with a sharp stick!