DUSTY HINT'S

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N8ERM

DUSTY HINT'S

Post by N8ERM »

Your shack a dust magnet? I use a once used dryer fabric softener sheet. Not near as much dist is attracted.
Any more keep the shack nice hints?
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Not for ham radio BUT here is a great one. Stop at the local auto store and get a jug of Rain-X. Stuff is fabulous, drive in heavy rain, no wipers. Just fill up you wiper washer tank with it...I hardly ever use wipers anymore. Blows people away when they are in the car with me in a rain storm... I guess it can be ham radio related as it takes the stress of driving so you can focus on radio operations in bad weather....
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
KB1NXE

Post by KB1NXE »

This one's been submitted for a QST Hint and Kink.

Get some of that tacking putty from a stationary store or aisle. Use it to stick your key to the desk or rigs to the desk/shelf. I also use it between rigs and accessories to keep everything in line. Put it on the screws and they won't scratch adjacent cabinets.

It removes real easy. Great to keep things in place and will also work to mount maps, charts and other things on a wall - oh wait, that's what you're supposed to use it for...

:)
Last edited by KB1NXE on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Here is another one , don't want to drill holes in your dash to mount your radio? K-Mart is the ONLY place that sells "Body Molding Tape". This stuff is like welding metal to plastic PLUS you can POP off if you pry against it with a flat object incase you want to remove the radio. It is double sided molecular bonding tape that will hold a ton of weight. I use it all over the place. Its NOT carpet tape , its the tape that car manufacturers use to put plastic trim on cars! Its addicting... Cost $8.00 a roll
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Removing Cigarette Smoke (Smell).... Put the rig into a garbage bag with 3 or 4 Dryer sheets along with 3 or 4 pieces of white bread. Zip tie it for 2 to 3 days. Open it up , rig will smell like brand new.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com