Hiding your callsign ?

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
KE3GK

Hiding your callsign ?

Post by KE3GK »

I have wondered why some people use usernames rather than their callsign - especially on Ham Radio related boards such as this one ?

I have seen numerous posts in the classifieds of good gear, but they have been posted by names that can't readily be checked. You have to email the guy and ask his callsign (if he has one).

I feel more comfortable dealing with a callsign (a real one) than I do with Scooby Doo's Brother.

Is there a need to hide callsigns :?:
NE0P

Hiding callsigns

Post by NE0P »

Scooby Doo had a brother? I remember that he had a cousin named Scooby Dumb, but don't remember a brother. What was his name? Come to think of it, he must have had a brother or sister, because Scrappy (who ruined the show) was his nephew.
KE3GK

Scooby Doo's Bro ...

Post by KE3GK »

I think Scoob did have a brother, I remember in one episode ... uh ... well ... wait ... I have a granddaughter that watches Scooby Doo ... I don't personally like it ... but you're right ... Scrappy did ruin the show ... hi