JUSTIN KB6RFI CAN HE BE TRUSTED? YOU DECIDE.

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
K9XR

JUSTIN KB6RFI CAN HE BE TRUSTED? YOU DECIDE.

Post by K9XR »

On MAY 19, 2009 I won an auction on ebay from JUSTIN, KB6RFI. The auction was for an ICOM 746 PRO with a HEIL GM-5 MICROPHONE. The auction stated that only $100 insurance would be covered on UPS shipments, so I asked Justin for an updated invoice including insurance. I still have not received this invoice, although I have now tried to pay for the auction, but Justin will nott accept the paypal payment.

Well, to my surprise, on Wednesday May 20,2009 Justin, KB6RFI placed several ads here on QTH.COM. One of them just happens to be an ICOM 746 PRO with a HEIL GM-5 MIC. Most of the other ads were for items identical to the ones he had sold on ebay the previous day. I called JUSTIN KB6RFI on the phone and asked him why he hadn't sent me an updated invoice and he told me he hadn't had time to send it yet. I asked him how he had time to list the items on QTH.COM and he told me he could do that on his laptop at work, but could not go on ebay. I als asked JUSTIN, KB6RFI if the ICOM 746 PRO he had just listed on QTH.COM was the same one he had sold me the night before on ebay. He told me he had trhree of them,

Guess what? I still haven't received an udated invoice from him, nor will he accept my paypal payment. Is JUSTIN KB6RFI a CROOK? I'm not sure. Is JUSTIN, KB6RFI a LIAR, I'm not sure, but it is starting to look like he may be.

Do you want to buy HAM GEAR from someone like JUSTIN, KB6RFI? That is up to you, but I would be very careful, because something just doesn't "smell" right.

I tried to post this as an announcement on QTH.COM on MAY 20, and it was deleted. I only did that so more people would be aware of my experience so far with JUSTIN,KB6RI. If anything changes I will update this post.
K9XR

I THINK I NOW KNOW THE ANSWER !!!

Post by K9XR »

Well first of all, Thank You to those who sent me emals on this subject and specifically, more information about JUSTIN KB6RFI. It seems he already had quite a reputation under another set of call letters. I now know more about him, and he is A Real Piece Of WORK (trying to keep it clean).

He has never sent me an invoice for the radio i won from him. He said he never sent me an invoice to me because of my warning about him here on QTH. The funny thing is, he never said anything about it until I urged him to read it.

Well in my opinion, he is nothing but a LOW LIFE SCUM BAG who will lie and cheat whenever it is to his advantage.

Is JUSTIN KB6RFI a LIAR? YEP, HE SURE IS.
Is JUSTIN KB6RFI a CHEAT? YEP, HE SURE IS.
Would I ever buy anything from JUSTIN KB6RFI? HECK (trying to keep it clean again) NO!!!

I paid him wtth Paypay, but then cancelled my payment after learning more aout him. I can't wait to he tries to cancel the sale to recover his ebay fees.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I understand he told you he will not accept pay pal as i e mailed him and suggested he make things right with you. He said he talked to you on the Phone and told you he did not accept pay pal. That's all he told me as i thought maybe a little push might have got him moving on your differences. I normally would never butt in and e mail the other Party but this time i did and apparently to no avail...
Larry Huff K0pd
shaggy_24740

Post by shaggy_24740 »

lhuffk0pd wrote:I understand he told you he will not accept pay pal as i e mailed him and suggested he make things right with you. He said he talked to you on the Phone and told you he did not accept pay pal. That's all he told me as i thought maybe a little push might have got him moving on your differences. I normally would never butt in and e mail the other Party but this time i did and apparently to no avail...
If you post on EBAY you have to accept pay pal. If you all tell ebay what he did he'll loose his right to sell there they will cancel his account right then and there. I did this to a guy that tried to get me to send him a money order. I told him I went by the rules and used pay pal like ebay says, so I got a cancel from him and accepted it, and he reposted the radio and I imediatly told ebay under report this auction on the bottum of the page, and they sent him down the road walking, without an EBAY account.
He is now Banned from EBAY and marked as a scammer.
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck ,Its a Duck
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

lhuffk0pd wrote:I understand he told you he will not accept pay pal as i e mailed him and suggested he make things right with you. He said he talked to you on the Phone and told you he did not accept pay pal. That's all he told me as i thought maybe a little push might have got him moving on your differences. I normally would never butt in and e mail the other Party but this time i did and apparently to no avail...
Thanks for trying Larry. He never said a thing about not taking paypal, and as the poster after you said, if it is on ebay, you must take paypal. I am quite sure he will have an excuse for anything.

Well, at least we now know what he is about.
K4ICL

Anybody notice that JUSTIN, KB6RFI is JUSTIN, KE6EI?

Post by K4ICL »

Check KB6RFI on the FCC database to see his previous call sign then Google the previous one. You will get the listings shown below.

eBay or no eBay, do your homework on all sellers to avoid problems.

K4ICL

SCAM ALERT-KE6EIL-JUSTIN DEPOLIS-ORANGE CA - QRZ Forums
6 posts - 4 authors - Last post: Jan 17, 2004
SCAM ALERT-KE6EIL-JUSTIN DEPOLIS-ORANGE CA Ham to Ham References.
forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=36680 - 53k - Cached - Similar pages
BEWARE FRAUD ALERT-KE6EIL-JUSTIN DEPOLIS-ORANGE CA [Archive] - QRZ ...
[Archive]

BEWARE FRAUD ALERT-KE6EIL-JUSTIN DEPOLIS-ORANGE CA Ham to Ham References.
forums.qrz.com/archive/index.php/t-36679.html - 4k - Cached - Similar pages
More results from forums.qrz.com »

QTH.COM :: View topic - update on KB6EIL Justin DePolis
6 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Oct 5, 2006
ke6eil he has used this call when advertising radios for sale and ... He listed the add under call of KB6EIL but his real call is KE6EIL. ...
chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?p=6812&sid=e0365667abdde7b9342dc1dc32199654 - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

QTH.COM :: View topic - KE6EIL- JUSTIN DEPOLIS -ORANGE CA - BEWARE ...
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:12 pm Post subject: KE6EIL- JUSTIN DEPOLIS -ORANGE CA ... BEWARE FELLOW HAM BROTHERS of KE6EIL !! Any questions you are urged to ...
chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?p=1243&sid=cbabc50e9f66caa9b993353c6777b2d6 - Similar pages
More results from chat.qth.com »
K9XR

EBAY

Post by K9XR »

What do we do if we don't know his call letters? Now we have to check for past calls?

IMO this is a big part of the problem with the vanity call system. A lot of newbies get calls that lead you to believe they have been around a while.
K4ICL

What do we do if we don't know his call letters?

Post by K4ICL »

What do we do if we don't know his call letters?
The safest bet is to not do business with him if you can not verify his call sign and address on the FCC data base. Use ONLY the FCC data base. It is the only official source of the data you need to check on a seller.

K4ICL
VE7IRA

KB6RFI

Post by VE7IRA »

I just completed a transaction with Justine.

I was buying a 2m amp from him Sent him the money.

Justine responded to me the amp was not working properly

My refund was handles promplty and at no time did Justine not repsond t my emails in a timely fashion. Normally it was the same day.

So fi you had problems with Justine, I am sure the problems stemmed from your end. Or with poor communications skills.

KB6RFI is a square deal seller
w8jn

ebay problems

Post by w8jn »

consider yourself lucky that he did not accept your money. this one has red flags everywhere. chances are, you would have received a non working beater. report him to ebay for failing to complete his auction. they will suspend him and thanks for alerting us to this deadbeat! best 73 paul w8jn
K9XR

Re: KB6RFI

Post by K9XR »

First of all maybe you better read ALL of the above posts before you accuse me of anything. As was reported by someone else Justin said he would not complete the transaction with me because he did not accept paypal. The only thing wrong with that is that you MUST accecpt paypal if you sell on ebay.

Just out of curiosity, how can think you completed a transaction with Justin if you never Received the item and he refunded your money.

Maybe we are talking about two different people. You are talking about JUSTINE and I was talking about JUSTIN KB6RFI. Oh wait, maybe the name isn't the only thing you got wrong.

I just checked Justin's (justindipolis2009) feedback on ebay. He presently has a -2 with 25% positive feedback. Yep you are certainly a great judge of character and the rest of the world is wrong. Maybe your idea of a square deal seller and his are the same?

VE7IRA wrote:I just completed a transaction with Justine.

I was buying a 2m amp from him Sent him the money.

Justine responded to me the amp was not working properly

My refund was handles promplty and at no time did Justine not repsond t my emails in a timely fashion. Normally it was the same day.

So fi you had problems with Justine, I am sure the problems stemmed from your end. Or with poor communications skills.

KB6RFI is a square deal seller
w8jn

amazing

Post by w8jn »

al.... i am always amazed at how many blockheads there are that jump into these posts and read half of the information or misread it and give a boneheaded opinion. usually the moron who caused the initial problem emails his friend and asks the friend to defend him when his position is indefensible... you did good and hang in there! best 73 paul w8jn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I am making no Judgments on the person's envolved in this fight but i do disagree that you can not except other forms of payment on E Bay and must only use Pay Pal. I might be wrong but as i understand it E Bay is saying if you do not use Pay Pal you have no solid backing in a Claim and they do require you offer Pay Pal. Here is a example of my point i'm making..Just check this ad on e bay and i guarantee it's not the only one that openly offers accepting other forms of payment with others stating they do not accept Pay Pal..270411850038
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

lhuffk0pd wrote:I am making no Judgments on the person's envolved in this fight but i do disagree that you can not except other forms of payment on E Bay and must only use Pay Pal. I might be wrong but as i understand it E Bay is saying if you do not use Pay Pal you have no solid backing in a Claim and they do require you offer Pay Pal. Here is a example of my point i'm making..Just check this ad on e bay and i guarantee it's not the only one that openly offers accepting other forms of payment with others stating they do not accept Pay Pal..270411850038
I must be missing something. The listing above (for a 756 PRO) says that paypal is their preferred way of payment, but also that they do accept credit cards directly to them, which is OK also.

By the way, the auction I won from JUSTIN KB6RFI clearly stated that paypal was the ONLY accepted form of payment.

ONCE AGAIN if you sell on ebay you MUST ACCEPT paypal. There may be some that still try not to, but they will get caught up it the trap eventually. I got flagged for offering to accept Postal Money Orders.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I am not doubting you or your problem it's that i see all the time on E bay where they prefer other than Pay Pal as Payment. I my self prefer Pay pal,so it cost me 3% but it's fast and reliable and you always have the proof of payment made or recieved. As for the character your complaint is about i'm glad you listed it as i know now to avoid him..
Larry Huff K0pd
VE7IRA

Justine KB6RFI

Post by VE7IRA »

I am talking about the same person

So I do not know what you are talking about.

All i know is I had a fast and great transaction with Justin

Maybe it is because I uses a US Money Order not PayPal.

Also as a user of Ebay I have dealt with many Sellers who do not use PayPal.

And using PayPal is not a requirement for being a Seller on Ebay.

If you need Justin's number email me and I will gladly give it to you.
w8jn

VE7IRA

Post by w8jn »

VE7IRA i had an auction on ebay recently and paypal was mandatory... soooo VE7IRA... stop lying, defending a dishonest person and crawl back under the rock you came out from under.
best regards and happy hoss trading paul w8jn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Ok i copied this from E Bays site and i understand it takes effect after OCT20 this yr. But this should settle the E bay pay pal talks. View Listings | Report Oct-09-08 09:56 PDT 2 of 84
I. WHAT’S CHANGING?

Summary of Policy

No checks or money orders. In basic terms, beginning October 20th, eBay sellers will not be allowed to include checks or money orders as payment methods in their listings. What this means for you as a buyer is that you will not see Checks and Money Orders under the Payment Details>Payment Methods section of listings.

What can I pay with starting on October 20th?

You can pay for items by one of the following ways. Sellers must offer at least one:

PayPal – through which you can use your credit or debit card or your bank account to pay, all while keeping your financial account details private from the seller.

Credit/debit card directly - use your credit or debit card to pay a seller directly if they can receive these types of payments directly.

ProPay – this is another way to use your credit card to buy eBay items. The seller receives your credit card payment via the ProPay payment service.

Or, if you buy something and agree and arrange with the seller to pick it up in person, you can pay using whatever payment method you and the seller agree to.

Q: How will checks and money orders actually be excluded?
A: If a seller has not already revised his listings, the checks and money orders options will be removed, or in other words masked from view.

You may see a reference to Checks or Money Orders in the Item Description section of a seller’s listing, so you should know that eBay has given a grace period until January for sellers to remove references to checks and money orders from the Item Description section. Under the new policy, however, even if checks or money orders are mentioned in the Item Description section, sellers should not solicit checks and money orders in any other ways, such as emailing you to ask you to pay by check or money order.

Bottom line, when you go to purchase an item, eBay’s checkout will offer you the choice of paying with one of the accepted payment methods listed above.
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

I think this became effective LAST YEAR, because I tried to accept money orders and I got a violation notice.

quote="lhuffk0pd"]Ok i copied this from E Bays site and i understand it takes effect after OCT20 this yr. But this should settle the E bay pay pal talks. View Listings | Report Oct-09-08 09:56 PDT 2 of 84
I. WHAT’S CHANGING?

Summary of Policy

No checks or money orders. In basic terms, beginning October 20th, eBay sellers will not be allowed to include checks or money orders as payment methods in their listings. What this means for you as a buyer is that you will not see Checks and Money Orders under the Payment Details>Payment Methods section of listings.

What can I pay with starting on October 20th?

You can pay for items by one of the following ways. Sellers must offer at least one:

PayPal – through which you can use your credit or debit card or your bank account to pay, all while keeping your financial account details private from the seller.

Credit/debit card directly - use your credit or debit card to pay a seller directly if they can receive these types of payments directly.

ProPay – this is another way to use your credit card to buy eBay items. The seller receives your credit card payment via the ProPay payment service.

Or, if you buy something and agree and arrange with the seller to pick it up in person, you can pay using whatever payment method you and the seller agree to.

Q: How will checks and money orders actually be excluded?
A: If a seller has not already revised his listings, the checks and money orders options will be removed, or in other words masked from view.

You may see a reference to Checks or Money Orders in the Item Description section of a seller’s listing, so you should know that eBay has given a grace period until January for sellers to remove references to checks and money orders from the Item Description section. Under the new policy, however, even if checks or money orders are mentioned in the Item Description section, sellers should not solicit checks and money orders in any other ways, such as emailing you to ask you to pay by check or money order.

Bottom line, when you go to purchase an item, eBay’s checkout will offer you the choice of paying with one of the accepted payment methods listed above.[/quote]
w8jn

last october

Post by w8jn »

larry, the paypal policy did go into effect last year. when i listed my auction during january 2009 i had to accept paypal. i have ceased doing business on ebay.
73 paul w8jn
VE7IRA

Re: VE7IRA

Post by VE7IRA »

w8jn wrote:VE7IRA i had an auction on ebay recently and paypal was mandatory... soooo VE7IRA... stop lying, defending a dishonest person and crawl back under the rock you came out from under.
best regards and happy hoss trading paul w8jn

Well that maybe the rules on EBAY/USA

But I buy via EBAY/Canada and Money Orders//Debit Cards/ Plus other forms of payments including Western Union.

Plus also most all what I buy is from the USA

So maybe watch when you call someone a LIAR//As i can see by your posting that you must be a man of limited intellect.

Plus KB6RFI is not a friend of mine. Just wanted to state that I have a very good experience with him.

So why not all PLAY NICE and quit calling each other names.
w8jn

Post by w8jn »

VE7IRA,
ian, from a man of limited intellect, do your research before you post and make stupid remarks!
best 73 paul w8jn
ps..... dont stick your tongue on a metal pole when its cold outside.... dont run with scissors and when the sign says "wet paint" dont touch to see if its wet... har har har
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Paul and K9XR i believe your right as after reading it again after i posted i thought i might be wrong. There was a lot of Questions and answers on the site as the person John who i guess is in Charge of making the new policy or explaining it and also if your one to read inbetween the lines it seemed to say by him in another answer if a seller prefers Checks or M.O. they can not prevent it but it's that they are not allowed to state it in there ads.
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

ebay

Post by w8jn »

larry, my auction during jan 09 would not post until i listed paypal. that was a first. i am betting the govt will eventually go after ebay since they own paypal and can eliminate competition.
K9XR

Here Ya' go Larry

Post by K9XR »

And this was after I already stated what had happened. If "I understand he told you He would not accept paypal" isn't accusatory, I don't know what it is. i has already stated what he said and that wasn't part of it.
K0pd wrote:I understand he told you he will not accept pay pal as i e mailed him and suggested he make things right with you. He said he talked to you on the Phone and told you he did not accept pay pal. That's all he told me as i thought maybe a little push might have got him moving on your differences. I normally would never butt in and e mail the other Party but this time i did and apparently to no avail...