FT-747GX CPU crashed

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
ab7jk

FT-747GX CPU crashed

Post by ab7jk »

The CPU in my FT-747GX crashed while I was transmitting at 20 watts on PSK-31. The panel buttons no longer function and only beep when pressed. Is there any way to reset the CPU in this transceiver? Nothing is mentioned in the manual. Thanks for your assistance.

AB7JK
WA9WVX

FT-757GX CPU

Post by WA9WVX »

Well I Googled your CPU problem and discovered that Yaesu did not incorporate a Reset function for the transceivers CPU. Futhermore like 99% of manufactures around the world Yaesu discontinued the CPU production leaving most individuals high and dry when the component needs replacement. There appears to be an alternative solution from a ham VK2TRP from Australia and here's the webpage link:

http://users.tpg.com.au/vk2trp/ft757gx.html

Dan
WA9WVX
ab7jk

FT-747GX

Post by ab7jk »

Thanks for the info. While transmitting at 20 watts my SWR went infinite. I turned off the radio to save the finals - then turned it back on and the CPU was fried. The antenna and transmission line were fine so I think the CPU just went bad in the radio. I'm not too good at programming and software but I'll take a look at that website.

73s
AB7JK