What type tower is it?

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
Tom

What type tower is it?

Post by Tom »

You're all busy so I'll cut to the chase. I have been blessed to have been given, yes, given, an approx. 40 foot, triangular, 2 sections (one cranks down into the other) crank up and foldover tower which appears to be about 20 years old...give or take a few years. This tower is bolted with a hinge mechanism to it's support structure which has a large, approx. 6-8 inch, in diameter (perhaps larger), approx. 6 feet high, steel vertical section (looks like a large section of pipe) sitting on a concrete pad with 2 (two), 45 degree support sections all bolted to about 4 huge bolts imbedded in the concrete. So, the tower, with a winch on that support structure, folds over at about the 6 foot level. When the tower is in it's vertical (upright) position, it has 2 (two) bolts which slide from the support structure to each side of the triangle to lock it into place. The gentleman who gave me the tower has no idea who manufactured it. His father just passed away so we're in a bind. Based on this rough, primitive, and yes, vague description, can anyone tell me if you know who made this tower?

Thanks to all of you for your patience in reading this info.

Tom
K0WMW :?:
WA9WVX

Tower Identification

Post by WA9WVX »

Gosh, this is like falling off of a log.

EZ Way Tower was manufactured in Tampa, Florida

It had a "Wonder Post" with two sets of Flanges to Stabilize the mounting
post in the ground.

This was also a mounting pipe version that had a heavey galvinized large square steel plate welded to a 5 Foot post for mounting to a poured concretee rebar reinforce block in the ground. These were very popular during the late 1960s and early 1970s. They would hold just about any TriBand beam antenna self supporting.