Help Needed In Contacting Fellow Ham

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
W4AIN

Help Needed In Contacting Fellow Ham

Post by W4AIN »

The now defunct Kingsmith Software created some awesome Yaesu rig control software, but it is shareware and I need to contact Mark Smith, KB5KYX, for software registration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone provide me with a phone number or current email address for Mark Smith, KB5KYX?

(The 'kingsmith-software' addy is no longer valid)
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
WA9WVX

Contacting a buddy

Post by WA9WVX »

Hello Phil,

I'm practically dumb founded by your request to find Mark Smith KB5KYX. Haven't you ever heard of QRZ dot com? :lol: :lol:

http://www.qrz.com/index.html

There's small field to enter anyone's call sign and if it's valid, the website will bring up the information. Perhaps "if" the main page doesn't provide enough information, click your mouse on the field labeled Detailed Information.

Since you'll have Mark's information, then Google the White Pages website and enter Mark's information to locate his telephone number if the number is published.

The worse possible scenario would require for you to send a regular letter to his home address requesting information.

Dan
WA9WVX
W4AIN

Re: Contacting a buddy

Post by W4AIN »

WA9WVX wrote:Hello Phil,

I'm practically dumb founded by your request to find Mark Smith KB5KYX. Haven't you ever heard of QRZ dot com? :lol: :lol:
Thank you for your advice, Dan....All of your above suggestions had been tried, to no avail, prior to making my request here. I can now understand why you were DUMB founded. :roll:
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com