Ft 757 AT

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
n8uaz

Ft 757 AT

Post by n8uaz »

I found my problem with the 757 AT tuner but am not sure how to go about it.

The load roller inductor has a coupling that is plastic with four pins. Two on the motor side and two on the inductor side. The inductor is not turning while the motor does so the pins are sheared. I presume these are aluminum pins. The inductor can be move easlily so I know it is not frozen.
How would I replace them and where can I get them

Thanks ahead of time!! :( :?:
k9yli

Post by k9yli »

I don't think those are shear pins to protect the motor.
The motor can just stall out.

so just go to your local hardware store and buy a couple nails the size of the pins and cut the nails so you have a nice straight section. ..

or maybe you can get 'roll pins' the correct size as they have a slight amount of compression /expansion to hold them in place.

if you cant get exact size nails, get slightly larger and heat up to warm and press them in, get a good grip that way.
WA9WVX

YAESU FC-757 AT

Post by WA9WVX »

Hello Tom & Don,

I'm not totally in agreement with Don K9YLI idea to replace the Aluminum Pins with Steel Woodwork Finishing Nails on either the Plastic or Nylon Isolation Coupling Shaft Assembly.

Suppose you decide that Don's idea is the best solution and some time in your future the shaft jams or siezes and the Steel pins are unable to shear or break. The motor torque or mechanical pressure needs to be disappated in one method or another, which sets up a worse case scenario by stripping the internal worm and motor gear, if not damaging the small Yaseu motor(s) themselves. One other item to consider, the FC-757 AT Tuner was desugned and developed in the 1980s and 99% of OEM manufactrures do not stock Obsolete parts or components for more than 7 years or less!

I did not indicate that Don's idea was totally wrong, he's pretty much right on target but I'm recommending the idea to stay with the use of Aluminum and you can find this material at ACE Hardware Stores or at most local retail hobby shops. I can't remember the Supplier's name but they always provide a display with Copper, Brass and Aluminum in Flat, Round and Square Stock for the "Do It Yourself" project people.

As for the Yaesu Part numbers, the following information came directly from the Owners Manual listed under GEARS:

QTY: 2 R9500540 TUNE, LOAD GEAR ASSEMBLY
QTY: 2 B3500550 GEAR
QTY: 2 S100ooo6 SHAFT COUPLER
QTY: 2 J6080103 POTENTIOMETER (SENSOR) VR1 & VR2
QTY: 2 M2190004 MOTOR M01 & M02
QTY: 2 B4101210 WORM GEAR

QTY: 1 R9500570 BAND GEAR ASSEMBLY
QTY: 1 B3500560 GEAR
QTY: 1 M2190004 MOTOR M03
QTY: 1 B4101210 WORM GEAR
QTY: 1 R9101220 GEAR (BAND SWITCH)
QTY: 1 S1000006 SHAFT COUPLER

Contact Yaesu Parts Department:

YAESU (VERTEX STANDARD)
10900 Walker Street
Cypress, CA 90630
714-827-7600
customerservice@vxstdusa.com

Dan
WA9WVX
W4AIN

Re: Ft 757 AT

Post by W4AIN »

n8uaz wrote:I found my problem with the 757 AT tuner but am not sure how to go about it.

The load roller inductor has a coupling that is plastic with four pins. Two on the motor side and two on the inductor side. The inductor is not turning while the motor does so the pins are sheared. I presume these are aluminum pins. The inductor can be move easlily so I know it is not frozen.
How would I replace them and where can I get them

Thanks ahead of time!! :( :?:
How about using a wooden toothpick?
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
wx1f

Re: Ft 757 AT

Post by wx1f »

w4ain wrote:
How about using a wooden toothpick?
I wooden have suggested using a toothpick.... :shock:
WA9WVX

FC-757 AT

Post by WA9WVX »

Phil,

What are trying to be .... A Comedian? I haven't seen any intelligent information from you're reply regarding Tom's Yaesu Antenna Tuner's electro-mechanical component problems.

I was just about to drop a PM to you but now you've confirmed it's not worth my time.

Dan