-

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
wa8mea

-

Post by wa8mea »

-
Last edited by wa8mea on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
k9yli

boxes

Post by k9yli »

I suspect the request for original boxes is it guarantees proper packing.
Some times UPS will not honor some insurance if shipped with out "original " packaging.
I have a Gonset G76, bought it new in 1962. how likely is it that i have the original box.
I did keep the one for my icom 2720. But eventually the basement will get too full of empty boxes. I do keep boxes at least for the warranty period.
Other than that, I think peanuts, bubble paper and stiff styro works just fine for shipping. I recently shipped a lot of estate sale stuff. my own packing for all of it.

Maybe some who change rigs like they change socks , would keep and want original boxes.
I still have almost all the radios I ever owned.
When I buy a car the next likely owner will be the junk yard.
wa2rqy

Re: boxes

Post by wa2rqy »

k9yli wrote:I suspect the request for original boxes is it guarantees proper packing.
Some times UPS will not honor some insurance if shipped with out "original " packaging.
Correct on the safer delivery but if UPS takes your money, they have to cover you for damages, etc!
I have an Original Hammarlund 4-20 transmitter & modulator in Original boxes but this is NOT the norm on older stuff.
I have had many transceivers & Drake gear in original boxes but a box does'nt make for a proper working radio :roll:
Tnx & 73......
Rich WA2RQY/4