Close Post

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
W7RCS

Close Post

Post by W7RCS »

Close Post
Last edited by W7RCS on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
WA9WVX

50 MHz Mosley Add on kit

Post by WA9WVX »

Perhaps you should place a RF dummy load up at the end of the feedline to eliminate the coaxial feedline first. Your Mosley multi-band antenna does not appear to have the best specification for maximum VSWR being 1.65:1. All of these Multi-band H.F. antennas are a compromise .... even the SteppIR antennas present interaction between the 50 MHz band and the H.F. band operation. They are what they are .... a compromise antenna. I tried to see the Driven Elenent on the Mosley website for additional RF capacitors to detune the driven element for 50 MHz but the JPG photo is so small, it is almost impossible to view that area. I'm not sure if the Mosley utilyzes a Tx Balun.

As far as factory customer service, I've seen that fall from being what the level was 10 years ago to almost nothing now and that's everyone across the board. I'm surprised you're not talking to some Indian overseas that can barely speak English.

You should have mounted a 5 or 6 element 50 MHz mono-bander Yagi 6 to 9 feet above the multi-band H.F. antenna and called it a day.

I wonder how Carol likes Prescott compared to Country Club Hills? I myself probably would have ventured a little farther north to the Sedona area "if" I were independently wealthy. Something about those Red Rocks, the Hills and the Oak Creek Canyon lures the XYL and myself back to the area every several years. By all means say H-E-L-L-O to Carol from me. I haven't seen either one of you for over 22 years! If you had not been so far away I could have brought my HP Network Analyzer to your QTH and ran some worthwile test on the antenna system, the analyzer covers 100 KHz to 200 MHz. Oh yeah, it's got a built-in Smith Chart to view in real time.