Advise and opinion needed

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
wb8znr

Advise and opinion needed

Post by wb8znr »

Looking for some advice and input.. I bought a new Icom 756pro and it was a great radio until the display failed and could not get any help from Icom in repairing it, so at my loss I parted it out and bought a new 746pro which has been a very good radio but I would like to find a 756proIII as I liked that series better, But I am afraid of it because of the past experience I had with my 756pro and the display, as I am on a fixed income I have to be careful what I spend and can not afford to get a 756proIII if it is going to be the same problem. Can anyone who has a proIII or has owned one give me any advise or insight on this radio ???? I would appreciate it very much.......Thank you Steve Wb8znr
w0bkr

Try User Feedbac

Post by w0bkr »

You might visit EHam and look at the user product reviews on the PRO III.
I think before I would have parted the radio out, I would have contacted a repair shop first.

I have heard of radios having a similar problem but due to shipping. The shock/drop/vibration characteristics sometimes caused by dropping the box, etc. knocks the ribbon cables loose, etc.

GL and hope you find another ICOM.