Reasonable!

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
w5otp

Reasonable!

Post by w5otp »

I keep encountering the term "reasonable offer". I think reasonable is in the mind of the beholder. Say what you mean and mean what you say. I recently made an offer that so outraged the seller that he made rude crude and unattractive remarks. I also noted that he did not make a sale. Let the potential buyer know what you want (reasonable) but don't get pushed out of shape if his idea of reasonable does not coincide with the sellers idea of REASONABLE. Thats unreasonable. Ralph. w5otp.
VE2AMN

Post by VE2AMN »

"Reasonable offer", "make me an offer", "make offer" mean that the person is holding an auction.

Just bringing eBay to QTH.COM.....

I will only respond to ads with a price.
Gilles, in the great white north..
K4ICL

Right on!

Post by K4ICL »

If the seller doesnt know what he wants for an item, he should not be posting an ad to sell it.

If the seller knows what he wants for an item but demands the potential buyer make an offer, he wastes everyone's time, including his own.

Simple rule to selling success: never place an impediment in the path of a potential buyer; it is a deal killer.

More at http://www.k4icl.com/adsdontwork.htm

Nuff Said...

K4ICL