antenna traps

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
WB8JBG

antenna traps

Post by WB8JBG »

I have a cushcraft A4S and the 40 meter add on with it. My antenna came down the other day and one of the traps on the driven element broke. Can I replace it with one of the traps from the 40 meter add on? I installed it on the driven element and the SWR was about 1.5 to 1. I did not attach the reflector or the director, so it is basically a dipole right now. If I add the other 2 elements will it change the SWR? I emailed cushcraft and ask them the same question, but have not gotten a reply. I assume they will say no, just so I would buy another trap. TNX.
wa8mea

Post by wa8mea »

-
Last edited by wa8mea on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
WB8JBG

Post by WB8JBG »

I got an answer from cushcraft, I can't use the 40 mtr traps on the driven element. I have bought 2 traps that were broken and I should be alright. I never use the 40 mtr add on, it came with the antenna. I actually got an acceptable SWR on 10,15 and 20 mtr when I used the 40 meter trap. Thanks for all your help.