Funny things you see on ebay ...

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
KE3GK

Funny things you see on ebay ...

Post by KE3GK »

1) No microphone included as it was used for Morris code only.

- Is that the code where you attach two cat food cans and a string together ?

2) Works great as I've just had it up and running with contacts into Florida and Arizona with good signal reports!

- he didn't tell you - they are the only states that this transceiver can communicate with. If you want the other states - cost extra.

3) I am selling because I do not use the 220 anymore... have moved away from 220 activity.

- Where is the 220 activity ?

4) Radio lightly used for a year or so. The radio performed well for me when I used it. The antenna has a bit of problem on the tip... the antenna rolled off the table and the dog got the tip for a moment. The antenna still works, but if you want to use the unit in the rain, probably should replace it.

- there's a whole years worth of use - the dog got it ?

5) THE UNIT WORKS GREAT FOR ABOUT ½ HOUR TILL IT WARMS UP THEN THE REC & XMIT OF THE VHF SIDE DROPS OUT, BUT THE UHF SIDE WORKS FINE.TURN RADIO OFF ½ HR AND IT WORKS FINE AGAIN.THE RADIO HAS BEEN MODIFIDED FOR EXTENDED BAND COVERAGE XMIT & REC.

- wonder why it has problems ? Modifided ? It hurts when I do that.

6) Sometimes the radio works, sometimes it doesn't but guaranteed not DOA.

- Huh ?

If you find anything good out on ebay - post them ... they are funny to read. I am not putting down the rigs being sold, or the Ham or person selling them, it's just after you have read their statements two or three times ... they get to seem a bit funny.
wr0t

Ebay Ads

Post by wr0t »

What really kills me is the phrase. This item is from the estate of a long time ham radio person and he had only the best.

The item looks new but is untested as I know very little about this type of item and would not be qualified to evaluate.

If you are into ham radio this is a must, don't let it slip past you. Bid high now or use Buy It Now.

Although item appears to be mint, it is sold as is, no returns or refunds. PayPal with bank acct. funded only, no credit cards..

I really crack up when I do some checking and find out that the guy is an Extra Class Ham for 40 years.
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
K4ICL

Nice?

Post by K4ICL »

Another one...

Nice BC-610 up for for auction.

Does this mean that some BC-610's have been bad and had to stand in the corner? Or, that this BC-610 has been trained to be nice instead of naughty?

nuff said...
Cheers,

AL
K4ICL