Question on IC-2100H....Very little, or no output....

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N8QBY

Question on IC-2100H....Very little, or no output....

Post by N8QBY »

Hello, I am working on a Icom 2m mobile, the IC-2100H. I guess there was a common problem with these radio's losing the output power. This particular radio puts out only millawatts on any power setting. I have done the APC, (Auto Pwr Control), ie, new transistor, (Q19), with heatsink mod. I still do not have any output, so I was thinking that maybe the final transistor might be bad.
I do not have a schematic to speak of, so I was wondering if anyone knows what the main power output transistor is? Any info would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time, I will have to download the schematic for this radio. 73 to all.......Pat N8QBY
kc8adu

Post by kc8adu »

you have a cracked pa.
its the big black brick that is screwed to the heatsink with a sc-???? or sav17 on it.
most are repairable.
i posted a repair procedure in mods and repairs on eham a while back but cant seem to find it now.
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

Thankyou for your post. I did price out a new power module, and it is almost not worth it. I will see if I can fix the problem myself, ie, cold solder joints, etc.
Tnx...Pat N8QBY