I am still laughing

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
wr0t

I am still laughing

Post by wr0t »

I had a big garage sale today so I put out a few old receivers and some old mikes. Not to really make anything but rather to just get some room..

I had this one old beat up D 104 that I was almost ashamed to put out but I thought someone might want it for a buck. It had been really trashed.

Well right after lunch this CB type, picked it up and looked at it and said that his brother had one of them and it raised his output power on the high end of CB from 5 watts to almost 500 so he just had to have it.

He asked me the price and I told him 100.00 and he said sold and reached for his money.

I told him I was only kidding and I did not want that much for it and he said hay, it is worth every penny and laid the 100.00 bill down and walked away with the mike.

I gave the money to my daughter who was helping with the sale. BTW, not one receiver sold....
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
wr0t

What Did I Mean By "CB Type"

Post by wr0t »

Several people have emailed me in private as to what I meant by a "CB Type"

Well, since I do not wish to offend those that UNLIKE ME, have CB roots, I will be somewhat cooth.

The guy in question was as follows.

Rusted Green 70's Ford pick up truck, 2, 108 " CB whips, gun rack and gun in rear window.

Dual turbo mufflers on truck and a sign in the rear window that said give a hollor for the "rust bucket" on 28000 LSB.

Oiley ball cap that said kiss my A-- if you don't like it. (no dashs on the cap)

I would rather be fishing or F-----g on his tee shirt. (no dashs there either)

There you have it, I was about as nice as I care to be.........
KE3GK

Fake $100

Post by KE3GK »

Hey Bill ...

Did you check to see if the $100 bucks was fake ?

He laid it down too fast for my liking.

Tom
vk2uw

What about your mates

Post by vk2uw »

Where is our share Bill, as we share the same airways as you and have to put up with you, so what about our share in the $100.00.

We know where to send our junk from now on.

Look for a shipping container Bill.
Chris Wright
VK2UW
wr0t

Container

Post by wr0t »

Hay Chris, got the container today. Thanks a lot. Most of the stuff is already on Ebay and selling like hotcakes.

I said the stuff was from down under, hope you don't mind.

Hi Hi