I am disabled radio nut needing anything i can get!

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
Mark Johnson

I am disabled radio nut needing anything i can get!

Post by Mark Johnson »

:D Hello from the Georgia mountains ! :D
:lol: Happy Holidays to all !! :lol:

I am a disabled and in a wheel chair with only wife's income and need help to get setup to even listen in! I have knowledge of antenna's and station setups just no budget for stuff to hookup, any and all help will be deeply appreciated I am now studying for my license with no code I will be able to obtain them soon as test are ready with new rules and I am excited to finally after 30+ years of not being able to get a license to finally see the no code !!
Before I was confined mostly to wheels i had installed towers for hams and made multi array antenna's and multi wire dipoles and al sorts of radio related projects, I have loved radio since I was a 12 year old!! please help if your able to it would be nice to qso finally !! Mark Johnson

THINGS NEEDED: ANYTHING YOU DON'T NEED !!
RECIVER SOMETHING TO LISTEN TO
COAX
WIRE FOR DIPOLES
INSULATORS
ANYTHING RELATED TO HAM RADIO
ANYTHING I CANT USE WILL BE DONATED TO OTHERS
IN MY SITUATION AT NO CHARGE BUDDY SYSTEM ! SMILE GOD LOVES YOU AND ME !

THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP

audiomark@ellijay.com
!
I am qualified to make something from nothing and then have someone steal it before i get to use it!!
n1tko

Talk to Hams!

Post by n1tko »

Hey Mark - The next best thing while waiting to get on the air is CQ 100.
I have a lot of ol time friends who are now in elderly housing and had to pack all their ham gear away because they couldn't put up antennas or even have their radios in their rooms.
I suggest for you to go to http://qsonet.com/index.html and download the CQ100 program and in 5 minutes you'll be working the world!!

Good Luck
N1TKO
Jerry
WA9WVX

Post by WA9WVX »

I only see a minor detail on this well intended idea. Mark Johnson still will need his Valid No Code General Class License to Join and use the CQ100 software program web site.
Mark Johnson

Hmmmm will wait till then

Post by Mark Johnson »

Always some hurdel to clear in life, I will get licensed as soon as I can get tested and have the cash in hand to pay for it ! I know it will not be much to get so many great things and whats a few more weeks when 35 years have allready been used waiting for no code, I have a reciever I can listen to for now not a good one old radio shack shortwave type, just a little better than nothing anyway..73's Mark
I am qualified to make something from nothing and then have someone steal it before i get to use it!!