Hmmm, I must be getting old too!!
There have been several posts over the past year commenting on the "stale ads", so I will only mention the obvious items..
1. If it hasn't sold after being posted and reposted and reposted and reposted, you get the idea, you either have something nobody wants, (not likely) or its priced too high!! Get real people, price it as a bargain and someone will buy it.
2. Include a picture, I won't take time to email and ask for one.
3. If someone emails you with an offer, extend the courtesy of a reply even if its a negative one. Ignoring these emails gets your call on a list of "rude and disrespectful amateurs". You will surely be skipped over on your next posting.
4. And my favorite one.........Its only NEW until it goes out the door of the dealer the first time!! After that....its USED! Same thing as that shiny car you bought, once you drive it out of the lot.........ITS USED.
5. Unless you are really shouting........ drop the caps! It makes your postings hard to read. I like the answer I heard once, "I type in caps so the Old Guys can read it." There is always someone picking on us old guys! Ever since the invention of bi-focals, I haven't had much trouble reading news print, and when and if I do, instead of buying more radios I will hire a nice young lady to read to me. Hi Hi.