Capacitors!!!!!!!

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
W4FJF

Capacitors!!!!!!!

Post by W4FJF »

Hi Group!
Here is the $64.00 question for the week. Who has the best prices on capacitors (electrolytic,gum drops,and silver mica). I am restoring several Hallicrafters receivers (S-38's - a lot of them, SW-500's, S-108, SX-130) and need a reliable inexpensive source of caps. Hamfests are not very reliable (as a trip to Huntsville Al. hamfest proved). Have checked out Digikey and Mouser, but looking for other sources. Anybody have dealt with other sources and been satisfied? You can email direct, or thru this medium. Many thanks to you who reply with constructive comments.
Fred - W4FJF. :D
FRED/W4FJF - EMAIL: ffuhrer@elmore.rr.com
Be careful: The toes you stomp on today may be attached to the butt you may have to kiss tomorrow!
KE7ASO

cap relacement

Post by KE7ASO »

I do some boat anchor restoration. A very good source is ( justradios.com) Their selection for recaping is very good.
King Davis Alias ke7aso
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

Newark Electronics can be good. Hugh 2" thick catalogue. Commercial - industrial supplier. Only one problem that I see, everytime I look for something (even like Li AA's) they're out of stock.

1-800-4-newark

www.newark.com

Jerry

N9LCD