Icom-718

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
Gary Slack

Icom-718

Post by Gary Slack »

Does anyone know the tx and rx modification of the Icom-718? I just purchased one. And would like to modify it. Or if there are any mods to improve the radio? It would be very much appreciated. 73`s Gary-kc2jlw :D :D
W0LPQ

718 Mods

Post by W0LPQ »

Why mod the radio? Nice one as it is. If you insist, look at the AB4OJ Icom site. Go to QRX and get his address..

Bill, WØLPQ
Gary Slack

Icom-718

Post by Gary Slack »

Bill, Thanks very much for the info. I don`t know for sure if I will do any mods to the radio, but thought i`d see what mods there are for it. And your right it is a nice radio. 73`s Gary-kc2jlw
Gary Slack

Icom-718

Post by Gary Slack »

Bill, I`ve tried the info you gave me and I get know where. Could you spell the address out a little simpliar? Such as www.----------com. 73`s Gary-kc2jlw
W0LPQ

718 Mods

Post by W0LPQ »

Go to QRZ and look up AB4OJ. He has an Icom site with lots of info. The only mods I can think of is opening up the TX, which is not really useful, unless you want to transmit on CB...

Info...

http://www.qsl.net/ab4oj/icom/icom.html

Bill, WØLPQ
Gary Slack

Icom-718

Post by Gary Slack »

Bill, Thanks much it is appreciated. 73`s-Gary-kc2jlw :D :x :D