Sounds Sweet speakers

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N9AMI

Sounds Sweet speakers

Post by N9AMI »

Has anyone seen or heard the Sound Sweet brand of so called HI-FI rec audio speakers. They tout them as the best quality you can buy. HA! I heard it at a friends place. I wasnt to impressed. I am into audio and bought a set of RCA speakers good to 70 watts out and you can not believe my sound. I would be very weary if buying these sounds sweet. Sounded sour to me.
w7kid

Sounds Sweet

Post by w7kid »

I'm guessing that a lot of the "dissapointment" was due to the rig it was being driven with. If you go to eham and read the reviews on the Sounds Sweet speaker it's about the best rating out of all of them. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Just don't know if I've got the room. It's a pretty big speaker. I'm guessing the size also has a lot to do with the sound. With a bigger speaker like that, you're not going to get as much high (hiss) reproduction which will make it sound quite a bit better to most people. I'd like to hear one myself though before buying, as I'm quite picky about any audio equipment. I have about $20K into my home theater system because I like things to sound as "natural" as possible. Going just by the reviews it looks like for the price it's one of the best.

73s Ken.
W7KID