Need help with Kenwood R-5000

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
pw51-51

Need help with Kenwood R-5000

Post by pw51-51 »

I recently bought a used Kenwood R-5000. The unit was displaying and receiving only from 22megs to 30megs when I first powered up. As the radio was used more frequently it started to work better, then it died completely. I have located the board with the problem (x50-3030-00) by a process of elimination, but cannot locate the problem with the board. Has anybody out there had a similar problem? Can anybody help? [/b][/quote]
Regards Julie'nBrian
wa4cch

Re: Need help with Kenwood R-5000

Post by wa4cch »

pw51-51 wrote:I recently bought a used Kenwood R-5000. The unit was displaying and receiving only from 22megs to 30megs when I first powered up. As the radio was used more frequently it started to work better, then it died completely. I have located the board with the problem (x50-3030-00) by a process of elimination, but cannot locate the problem with the board. Has anybody out there had a similar problem? Can anybody help? [/b]
[/quote]

common problem with older kwd clean the molex connectors pull plug squrit a little cleaner push on and off connector a couple of times should fix you problem forgot tighten down the mounting screws too

chuck :lol: