Outut Power Drop

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
W8FCD

Outut Power Drop

Post by W8FCD »

Back in year-2013, I posted a question regarding a drop in output power when working PSK-31 but received no successful suggestions. I’m using a SignaLink-USB with Fldigi software and the rig is a Yaesu FTdx5000. Problem is that the output power drops over a short period of time. It can be set at 25 watts and in about 5 minutes the output drops to about 20 watts. After say, 10 minutes, it drops to about 15 watts. The power drops without me making any changes whatsoever, it occurs during a qso without changing frequency and it drops even if I’m not in a qso, just drops on its own. The power from the rig remains constant at 25 watts so I know it’s not the rig and the SignaLink-USB was sent back to Tigertronics and checked out as being ok. Just for the heck of it, I used DigiPan software and the same issue occurs. Any ideas? Tnx, 73 W8FCD Steve