HELP

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
KB1FSD

HELP

Post by KB1FSD »

Hi I put help in the title OK here is the deal I'm running icom 7300 with rm italy bordox its a new one they have that puts out 500 watts ..running 75 amp power supply for the amp .My antenna is a vertical alpha fmj 10 -80 ..With 4 counter points ...i put out close to 400 watts and can't seem to pull any more and people still having problem hearing me...My antenna is up about 25 foot from point to ground..I also use a heil mic or the sm 30 mic.I live in fl and used this antenna in las vegas talked talked dx and USA with the rm italy 300v that put out 300 watts ..and the antenna was on a tri pod and had no problems..Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong and if you live near the spring hill area of fl and would like to look and see what I have and maybe tell me what to do to fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it Thanks and stay safe everyone.If you like you can contact me by email @ chargerman42@hotmail.com and after if you like I can call you...