FT-1000MP Mark V most buttons are locked.

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
W4AJF

FT-1000MP Mark V most buttons are locked.

Post by W4AJF »

Hi, I have an FT-1000MP Mark V with a problem. All buttons are locked (non functional) EXCEPT the Power, MOX, and VOX buttons and interestingly enough, the FAST button works too!. All controls with knobs work fine, VFO's, shift, width, etc. All other buttons except the 4 mentioned have no effect, you can not change bands or modes, etc. Radio has fine receive and full output. Battery is fine. I have done a few resets with no help there, I have looked over the connections inside (connectors, ribbon cables) and on a quick look all seems in order. Any help out there
Thanks,
Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
adamf@eeco.com
Last edited by W4AJF on Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W0LPQ

1000MP

Post by W0LPQ »

Adam, sounds like the panel lock has been turned on.

If you have the manual (need it), it is menu 8-1. Page 91 on my manual.

Bill, W0LPQ
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Well, to get in to the menu to turn off the panel lock you need to press the fast and ENTER key but since the ENTER button does not work you can't get in there. Also, a full reset would have cleared the panel lock but thanks for the try. Adam
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

I decided to send the radio to be repaired so let's see what happens.
k8vf

ft1000

Post by k8vf »

I received a ft1000MP, yes I know-MP., which had this problem.

In shipping, it apparently was dropped on it's face.

One of the panel buttons was stuck in. Check your rig, if you experience this. It may be your problem, too.

Sorry, Adam, I only saw this today..

What was wrong with yours?

k8vf