Yaesu FT-2800M problem

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
larrysell

Yaesu FT-2800M problem

Post by larrysell »

Have any of you had the problem with your Yaesu FT-2800M 2mtr tranceiver of the screen going blank when you key the mike with the power output set to high? The transceiver will work in the mid/low1 and low2 settings, but you will have to reset the power output to mid and low each time you change your frequency. If you've had problems like this could you tell me what you did to correct the problem or did you just trash the radio and get another brand? My radio is just about 1 year old and just went out of warranty, figures. I think Yaesu's quality has really dropped.

WB0RQL
Last edited by larrysell on Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry G. Sell
wa4cch

ft-2800

Post by wa4cch »

how far are you from the antenna ???? :? could be rf getting in to it ..... :shock:
also how many amp power supply are you using ????? :? check the voltage under load ...... :shock:

73 chuck
larrysell

Post by larrysell »

Tech services solved the problem with my FT-2100M transceiver. I was getting RF back feed into the rig at high wattage and the screen would blank out. The solution was to provide a good ground to the rig which I did and it is working perfectly. So if any of you with FT-2100M's have this problem, ground your radio.
Larry G. Sell
wa4cch

2100m

Post by wa4cch »

larrysell wrote:Tech services solved the problem with my FT-2100M transceiver. I was getting RF back feed into the rig at high wattage and the screen would blank out. The solution was to provide a good ground to the rig which I did and it is working perfectly. So if any of you with FT-2100M's have this problem, ground your radio.
:lol: what was the second thing i told you to look for :roll: ?????