Ham gear

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
Marty44

Ham gear

Post by Marty44 »

Hello everyone, not sure I'm in the right place to be posting this. If not please point me in the right direction. I'm trying to sell a bunch of ham equipment. Collins, heathkit,drake,halicrafters, various types of tubes,keyers,speakers. Thanks!
k9yli

Re: Ham gear

Post by k9yli »

a local ham fest is a good bet.. also if remote to anywhere, QRZ.COM sale forum.
also here on QTH... Eham.net.

lastly Craigs list..
be careful of the "" I'll give you a hunnert bucks to take it off your hands::"" people..
Look thru the QRZ sales stuff to try and get a ballpark price on the stuff.

research research research..
k9yli

Post by k9yli »

forgot.. state your location so any local maybe able to help out and also advise on ham fests in the area
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

Marty44:

A face-to-face sale -- fest, CraigsList, radio club -- is preferable to an online sale. Quality packing and shipping - not UPS grade - costs $$$. And you don't have to worry about collecting your $$$ -- unless you're paranoid about DIY USC.

An outdoor fest is preferable to an indoor fest. Outside, you can sell out of your vehicle. Indoors, you have to schlep the gear inside -- that's a pain unless there's two (or more) of you.

N9LCD
Hollings

Post by Hollings »

N9LCD wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:29 pm Marty44:

A face-to-face sale -- fest, CraigsList, radio club -- is preferable to an online sale. Quality packing and shipping - not UPS grade - costs $$$. And you don't have to worry about collecting your $$$ -- unless you're paranoid about DIY USC.

An outdoor fest is preferable to an indoor fest. Outside, you can sell out of your vehicle. Indoors, you have to schlep the gear inside -- that's a pain unless there's two (or more) of you.

N9LCD
Do radio clubs usually allow non-members to sell their equipment?
SIA

Post by SIA »

What Drake gear do you have?

Thanks - Steve