ICM pin out for IC 7200

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N0BAD

ICM pin out for IC 7200

Post by N0BAD »

Greetings to all,
I have a Heil ICM mic that worked flawlessly with my IC 7000 with the right xlr cable, I have traded another radio for a ic 7200, that didn't come with a mic. I tried the icm on the 7200 and all I get is the radio goes from RX to TX, it even sets the auto tuner into tune. I have set the pwr to 100 mic gain to 100 and even the comp to 100. I can't get any power output on this rig. I've been told that the 7200 has a different wiring diagram than other icom radio's. I even called Donna at Heil and was told that the mic should work just fine, and that maybe the condenser was bad and for a small price of $37.50 they could take a look at it. I was wondering if anyone had a color code pin out for the ic 7200 ? Thank you for any and all help. 73's and good dxing
k9yli

Re: ICM pin out for IC 7200

Post by k9yli »

first off, compare the mic wireing of the 7000 with the 7200 to be sure they are either the same ,
or if different, which wires.
the if necessary, open up the heil mic and wring out the wireing with your ohm meter.
Basic door bell electricity..