Huh?

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
w0bkr

Huh?

Post by w0bkr »

I had a friend come by a few weeks ago to use my computer to look for some older gear he wanted to buy since his ISP was out. We contacts WB4PJJ, W2NNN, KC8GCR. Not once, not twice but three different times informing them, yes, all of them, we (actually he would be buying it) the item posted on QTH. Read replies on the emails, but no one response saying, I am too lazy to delete my post as I sold it, I am holding it for a pending buyer, whatever. NADA.

So, after some time, he went to EBAY and bought the items right out. One Yaesu and One Kenwood Hybrid.

So what make me go HUH? is why do you bother to list something you obviously don't want to sell or have attachment to?
No skin off me, but why post to start with??

No moral to the story except to say, when I post something, I check my emails daily to insure I don't leave someone hanging, and I update it with the current status ('sold pending receipt of funds", "Sold", or just plain delete it if in fact it isn't available any longer).

Don't know the story with these 3 callsigns, but won't be contacting them or respondind to any responses from a WTB I may post to them either. Just really odd and "HUH"?
W3ATT

Re: Huh?

Post by W3ATT »

I would bet that they sold it and forgot to remove the listing... many times I see items for sale on MULTIPLE sites (QRZ, Ebay, QTH, and eham) all at once. So I'm sure that's all it is. Maybe they sold it on another classified site and forgot it was even listed.

I haven't had much of this issue (and I have bought lots of used gear over the years,) so hope you find good deals! Good luck and 73
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Bascially, likely as I said, too lazy to update and post and figure if folks don't hear back, they go away, which they do. Unfortunately, when you do a search you will continue to hit on their out of date posting.....

I shopped elsewhere and got something...
KC6NEN

Post by KC6NEN »

I hate that. That's why I try to filter : "recent posts" when I can. Especially on Craig'sList, whree I wasted an entre day chasing things that had already been sold/ given away. Many neglect to delete after the sale.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Another I ran into was K6DAN. Had a radio for sale, asked if still available, replied (poor grammar or English) yes, so asked for his PP info (since he stated he accepted PP Payments), and requested a couple more pics. Never to be heard from again. Sent another email asking for the PP info, NADA.

So, sent final email, sorry you are too attached to let it go, but GL. 73. No skin off my back, no loss of money just time. So don't get these characters. Post something for sale and is out there for over two month un-sold, offer to purchase and they run. Okay. Just don't get it. Doubt I will be responding to any of his postings again. Another to add to my list....sigh.