Help needed

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
AF4E

Help needed

Post by AF4E »

Help is needed from the ham community.

My radio group has three repeaters at a site owned by one of our members. High winds took the top off of the building that houses the repeaters and as I said this is a non commercial site owned by AF4E in Elberton, Georgia. Our repeaters at this site provides coverage for Elbert County, Hart County, Madison County, Lincoln and Clark Counties in Northwestern Georgia and into several South Carolina counties. One of the repeaters is a Skywarn repeater for this area. He had no insurance on the site due to the expense of coverage and we are in need of help from the ham community to replace the roof. This building is 60' X 48' and it seems the best price will be a steel replacement roof. We have everything temporarily sheltered at the site and is still in operation for now.

We have set up a Go Fund Me site to try to help with the fundraiser. Please go and donate. Every little bit helps.

https://www.gofundme.com/ki4ccz-repeate ... eplacement

Thank You,
Lake Russell Radio Group