ECHOLINK -WOW - What will they think of Next?

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N5JFJ

ECHOLINK -WOW - What will they think of Next?

Post by N5JFJ »

:) Yeah...Yeah...I know - there have been times when I have been skeptical about something new...But, I invite ALL in Ham Radio that also use the internet, but haven't tried ECHOLINK... to try this wonderful mode, of new communication! We always hear stories about Ham Radio being a Hobby that is slowly becoming a thing of the past! Or that younger folks just aren't interested, in this age old Tradition! Yet...for those that love the operations of a computer, and as we move ever more into The "DIGITAL" age of operations, I believe that ECHOLINK shall only GROW in use. Oh well...we use every kind of old wire we ever had to hold a QSO with someone for a good old "Rag-Chew" why pass up this opportunity to Rag-Chew... right though this WIRE we call the internet? By just downloading the software program and making a few adjustments, it was no time that I was online and speaking with many old and dear friends, with a simple PC microphone. Yet...with so many Repeaters online and worldwide connections, how POWERFUL this new mode truly is. Hey to all of my dear friends on Ham Radio? You owe it to yourself to try this...Besides...It's FUN 8) 73's and God's Blessings DE N5JFJ
73's and May God Bless you and your Family
N5JFJ

Post by N5JFJ »

:D PS; Friends, Neighbors and Fellow Hams...to down load the Echolink software visit this site: http://www.echolink.org/
73's and May God Bless you and your Family
KB3LZZ

Post by KB3LZZ »

n5jfj thanks it works very well and also you can set it up with a receiver and talk from your mobile or ht thanks and 73s KB3LZZ