TuneMatic Antenna Controller

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N4STP

Post by N4STP »

I recently purchased a TuneMatic Antenna Controller for my Tarheel HP40A Antenna to go with my Icom IC706. I had thought a lot about this type of product before I purchased a particular controller. I did not have one at the time, and I was using a toggle switch to move the antenna up and down. I would have to look in my rear view mirror, and watch for the tape marks on the antenna so I would know when to stop it. I was concerned with the internal sensors and stops. I didn’t want to damage my antenna with the investment I have made owning a Tarheel Antenna.

This is a really great product. I like the features that this unit offers. The first thing is the programming on this controller. You program in all of the bands and freq. that you often visit. Once you have done this, you put your radio on a specific freq. or channel memory that you have programmed in your radio, Then you press the (TN) button on the key pad and the antenna will move to that freq. with the lowest SWR. The next thing is the size of the control head. It is nice and compact. It doesn’t need a lot of space like other controllers. It makes for a nice clean install as seen in Photo’s.
From my understanding, this controller will work with many other radios and electronic antennas. I know it has been a good investment for me. You can contact TuneMatic to see if your antenna will be supported by this product. They will answer all of your questions on everything about this system. The Kit comes with everything that you need. You can get more info by going to http://www.tunematic.us
For details

73s
Pete
N4STP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.