Yaesu FT-757GX problem

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
Wonka

Yaesu FT-757GX problem

Post by Wonka »

Recently purchased a Yaesu FT-757GX. Today I was attempting to make a contact for the first time with this rig. I was unsuccessful, but few minutes later, I lost my frequency readout, ability to transmit, and ability to change my frequency. If I turn off the rig and wait a few minutes, turn it on, then i everything is normal for a few minutes and then the symptoms return. Any input on possible caues/soultion would be greatly appreciated. Mike K3MKB e-mail cebmkb@verizon.net
k9yli

Re: Yaesu FT-757GX problem

Post by k9yli »

possibly heat related. also the usual.. tighten any grounding screws on PC boards.
try using canned air.. upside down. cool off parts of the radio to see if it comes back on when cooled.
localize possibilities that way.
check all internal voltages at their voltage regulators. most radios have 8 or 5 volts /down frm 13.8
Basic step by step troubleshooting.
Any thing that affects multiple parts of a radio, I would suspect voltage, as thats the one thing common to many circuits.