Franklin COnverter Company ???

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
Post Reply
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:38 am

Franklin COnverter Company ???

Post by wb4iuy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:44 am

Anyone know what this is, or have a link to info on it? I've been searching, but having no luck. It looks like it is some sort of ham radio audio interface build into an old serial port A/B switch housing. I think it was a kit, because they had custom stickers to overlay on the front panel that say 'Franklin Converter Company', 'Bypass', 'Interface', and such. The rear panel has extra ports for audio in, audio out, and transmitter key. Here are some pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: Franklin COnverter Company ???

Post by W7BKR » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:12 pm

Appears to me, as I have done, a A/B Data switch that someone is using for transmit audio switch. I have used the A/B switches to switch radio amp keying lines, mic inputs (one mic to two radios), etc. the box is more or less just as an closure. A voltage regulator (likely for mic preamp voltage) and using the A/B switch to wire the pin outs between two radios or devices.

There is a layout (schematic) for such a device on the web.

GL and hope this helps you in some way.....

Post Reply