Recording and playback on HF

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
W5XXL

Recording and playback on HF

Post by W5XXL »

Hello folks. Recently I spoke to a DX station and he was able to record my incoming audio and retransmit it back to me so I could hear how I was coming through to him. I wanted to try to contact him but cannot find where I wrote down his call sign. Anywho, what equipment is used to do this? Its a really cool thing and would like to know how to do it. Thanks and 73

Wes
W5XXL
K4ICL

Re: Recording and playback on HF

Post by K4ICL »

Wes:

Several transceivers have a record and retransmit voice recorder built in. The operator simply presses a button to record a sample of the received signal and then another control to broadcast the short recording. Unfortunately, I do not know which models are so equipped. There are many other approaches but this one seems the most convenient.

Cheers,

AL
K4ICL
K4ICL

Re: Recording and playback on HF

Post by K4ICL »

Wes:

Several transceivers have a record and retransmit voice recorder built in. The operator simply presses a button to record a sample of the received signal and then another control to broadcast the short recording. Unfortunately, I do not know which models are so equipped. There are many other approaches but this one seems the most convenient.

Cheers,

AL
K4ICL