Several Scam attempts - thwarted, so far

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
KB1STH

Several Scam attempts - thwarted, so far

Post by KB1STH »

Could be from same individual. I receive emails responding to a wanted ad. The "seller" writes that he has my desired item. Price sometimes too low to be true; other times price is one would think. He (it) uses a call sign which I check on qrz.com and ARRL sites. One giveaway is that he uses a call where there is no email on the qrz page, so he sets up an email such as <callsign>@gmail.com or @yahoo.com ior @hotmail.com. This is something anyone can do. Another giveaway is there is no telephone contact, though I try. Another is and you're gonna love this there are thesame pictures of the item from each supposed seller.

All is NOT LOST, however. This gives me an idea (actually my XYL's idea) to make a program presentation to our ham club at a monthly meeting. We always have programs.

I would like to "hear" from others and will include attribution (if you wish) when I make up the powerpoint program.
Email me at WK1W@ivanshapiro.com.
And Scott, thanks for hosting this board and forums.
WK1W

Re: Several Scam attempts - thwarted, so far

Post by WK1W »

I just noted that I was signed in with my old call KB1STH (prior to upgrade and vanity) which no longer exists.
Sorry about that. I was "asleep at the switch" :(
I'm posting this so you know it is real.
Ivan WK1W (formerly KB1STH
WK1W@ivanshapiro.com