Stateside Non-QSLers

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
w0bkr

Stateside Non-QSLers

Post by w0bkr »

One thing that miffs me is sending a stateside op (and some are on here) QSLs with SASE, not just once but twice, and never getting a return QSL.

Geeze, how hard is it to fill one out, stick the envelope shut (pre sealed strip) and drop in the USPS?

I don't get it. I know a couple of ops that have QSL'd, but to date, I haven't gotten any return QSLs, e-mail, etc. On my list never to work again, why bother....

Anyone encounter this ? Man, seems like some ops are being more and more like some QSL managers of old....
Ham Steak

Post by Ham Steak »

I know a few hams, some are even OM's, that don't have QSL cards to send and don't believe in them. Nowadays people are using eQSL more often than mailing an actual card.
aj4hk

no qsl cards

Post by aj4hk »

Yes,BUT the ARRL does NOT accept eqsl for awards.
I too have encountered hams that do not respond with qsl cards,even when you send a sase.
What do they do with them?
Dennis
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

How can you "not believ in QSL cards". It not like some ham don't believe in Santa. They exist! I have some!

Oh, did you mean some hams don't QSL?

I QSL 100%, and upload to eQSL as a courtesy and LoTW.
Steve - KA9MOT
KK4RHZ

Re: Stateside Non-QSLers

Post by KK4RHZ »

Let us get our minds togeather and start a site that list the Non-QSL so we know who not to QSL with!
k9yli

Post by k9yli »

Put me on the list. I have purchased QSL cards twice. I have most of the 4000 i ordered.(cheap for the second 1K)
QSLing is expensive. An active hame could spend $1K easy in a year. . thats a new rig.

And why should I stroke someone elses ego.. In 50 years as a Ham I have about 8 or 10 QSLcards.

I just dont care. who am i going to impress with a bunch of QSL cards.
My advice. determine before the contactis over wether the persons sends cards.
dont waste the sase.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Be so much simpler to just put a note in our QRZ Bio stating as such. Unfortunately for some of us, working a new grid on 6 for instance, like to get that confirmed for VUCC, or an endorsement.
Without the card, a log contact just doesn't cut it. I wish ARRL would stop stepping on E-QSL which so many use and is just as valid. You can counterfeit a paper QSL just as easily if that is their concern.

Anyway, If I don't want to QSL I state such in my Bio, else I return one with an SASE. I have cards, and haven't used many in a long long time, but now and then...

So, it isn't hard to pop a card into a provided SASE so why not just do it...
K4ICL

Post by K4ICL »

Since the problem seems to be the ARRL's inability to grasp, understand, and/or use modern communication capabilities, such as eQSL, perhaps the solution is to fix the ARRL. Think about it. Millions of dollars are transmitted around the world each minute on the Internet, yet there seems to be a perceived problem of the ARRL regarding sending of QSL cards, having no monetary value. Boggles the mind, me thinks.

Just a though...

Cheers,

AL
K4ICL