You've got to be kidding...

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N8QBY

You've got to be kidding...

Post by N8QBY »

Ok, I have thrown in my $.02 worth in the past regarding spelling. This latest one is one for the books. A, "Malty Mode" radio". That has to be a first.
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

DUH!

How many 807's (?) does it have in the final?

N9LCD

:roll:
k9yli

Post by k9yli »

I think perhaps that would not be a spelling error..
I have some spelling errors because of partially amputated finger,
i type with on left hand.
This one seems like a bad grasp of the english language.
I worked with a guy who murdered the language.

he spelled a lot of things phonetically and changed words like
anachronism for acronym...
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

None of us are pefect and have imperfections in different things we say or do. Granted i've seen some really bad spelling, but i usually understand what the message was. After all that is what counted.
Larry Huff K0pd
k9yli

Post by k9yli »

PD I agree.. I have seen the test with all the vowels missing and it can still be read.. also with only the first and last letters correct and can still be read..

A note here is different than formal correspondence.

most of the internet is quickand dirty typing, not english test formallity.

Just like a conversation where grammatically correct sentences are not required. Its better to 'come close' to formal english, not all slang or buzz words..
but I think being a bit relaxed is ok....

Don..
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Don you nailed it on the head. I've had more than once had a e mail sent to me complaining about the use of my punctuation use. And my spelling is not always that great either and when in school i was a straight A student in spelling. But today words that use to seem so common and easy to write out for some reason at times i just draw a blank and end up writing it the way it sounds which is not always correctly spelled. The ones that do irritate me are the ones who write like there texting if you follow what i'm saying..
Larry Huff K0pd
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

Obviously, the guy was sounding out the word. There are many spell-checkers available, so why not use one when posting an ad? I don't spell perfectly, or punctuate properly all the time, but when I post an ad, I do make a good effort to spell correctly. This was brought up for more of a chuckle than anything else. If I can figure out how to delete this, I will. as I don't want to offend anyone.