I QUIT!!!

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N9LCD

I QUIT!!!

Post by N9LCD »

If I had all the money wasted trying to get on the air, I'd be driving a Rolls instead of a Chrysler.

I'm sick & tired of wasting time & money!

How do I get my ham license cancelled?

N9LCD

:D [/i]
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

No need to really cancel it, it expires in 2021 and you don't get a refund. Let it expire

Sell your gear here

Ask the administrators to cancel your account here and anywhere else you signed up.

If you are not happy, no sense in any of us talking you into staying.

Walk away from ham radio and throw your license in the Chicago sanitary canal and be done.
k9yli

Post by k9yli »

You dont explain why you have trouble.
If that is an original N call you have been at it a while.

It seems not to be money,( your statement).. and the other real drawback is location and antenna restrictions, or rental restrictions.

A hundred bucks worth of rg8X and some wire and rope will get anyone on the air. and 10 or 15 meters are the friendly palce to be.

But if theinterestis gone.. lthen give it up..

me I build things.. spend lettle time actually on the air..
W8FLC

Well Well Well

Post by W8FLC »

Me thinks he was kiddin'
Fred-(W8FLC)
There's more to me than just a handsome face.....
ke5oah

I quit

Post by ke5oah »

Yes you can dump alot of money in the hobby! I does depend on what band and where you live as how easy ham radio is. I run 200 watts on 75m and talk just fine on a stormy night. When other guys can't be heard running double the power as me. That is,because they are using G5RV or a vertical because of antenna restrictions or bought into the "antenna propaganda" advertised in most "ham magizines". Some locations are just "noisy" and you can't get your noise floor down to where you can communicate. Remember simple is best when it comes to antennas and almost all radios are going to talk about the same,but the receiver is where the real diffrence is. A 718 icom will sound as good as a 756 pro 3 stock,but the receive won't be near as good.