PROBLEM running two logging programs at same time

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
W8FCD

PROBLEM running two logging programs at same time

Post by W8FCD »

I was able to run two programs on the computer at the same time, the N3FJP logging program and Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD). I would open one, minimize it, and open the other. I would then minimize the 2nd program and be able to toggle between each one. So far so good.

I proceeded to install a Winkeyer unit for CW work and once I got it configured and operational I temporarily disconnected it with the intention of installing longer cables. When I went back to operate the two logging programs I could no longer open both at the same time as I had been. Now I can only run one program at a time. If I have one program open and try to open the other, I get a notice that the port is already in use which I understand. What's puzzling is that I was able to run both programs before. I've fiddled with COM port settings, baud rates, etc., etc. but no luck. Since this problem surfaced I have not reconnected the Winkeyer unit.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.