Pro II Repair

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
n4dxx

Pro II Repair

Post by n4dxx »

I thought i would share my experience with my 756 pro II,Last winter while i was transmitting in a snowstorm it lost all output power..Well it was not used for some time after that and it was still hooked up to a power supply and then with my luck it was hit by lightning.Would not come on at all after that..Then i decided i would have a look at the damage,well that was a big mistake,i was inspecting the rf-a unit for damage and while plugging up a small connector my big thumb broke a inductor coil.So before i broke anything else i called Matt Adrian and gave him my sob story on the pro II and he said send it in and he would have a look.Well i did just that and he contacted me when it arrived and 2 weeks later i get a call the radio was fixed,I was getting ready for the big bomb on the repair i figured 300.00 at the least.Then he said the total was 142.00 including the return shipping.I thought i would pass out or i was hearing him wrong,So i called him back just to be sure i had the amount correct,It was indeed and i got the radio back at my qth and it works like new again.It's good to see someone that can do these repair's at what i think is more than a fair price i was stunned to say the least at his professional attitude and didn't mind fixing what i broke.ai just thought i would share this and 2 thumbs up for Matt he is a honest and reputable guy in my book.. :D
The Bootlegger oops Not!!