Radio Repair Optionis - Anytone d578uv II

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
KO4ZNE

Radio Repair Optionis - Anytone d578uv II

Post by KO4ZNE »

I have a brand new anytone d578uv II (dual band bluetooth,DMR) radio that the front buttons do not seem to respond. Does anyone know where I might get this worked on? Anyone want to attempt the repair? I hate to throw it away.
ac9xh

Re: Radio Repair Optionis - Anytone d578uv II

Post by ac9xh »

Helloo,
Dont throw it away. take ur phillips ot flat head open it up and clean the pads with a pencil end.Also clean the carbon pads iff they have any or the copper pads with a pencil end also. gets the oxidation off of the pads and boards. may take a little time but its worht it. Also if you dont want it,donate it to a new ham and give it to them for a new project for them to do and learn from

David
ac9xh
ac9xh

Re: Radio Repair Optionis - Anytone d578uv II

Post by ac9xh »

Also ,not familiar with this radio, but does this have a detachable front?
this transceiver i believe has the controls in the mic too? so it says that the front end may not be connected all the way if it has a detachable head.

doubt if you spilled anything on it,but i would try to open it up and clean the pads and contacts.if it works in mic but not on front,its either a contact problem dealing with detachable front end if it has one,or an interconnecting cable?

David
ac9xh