Motorola PT-400 Help

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
WA7IEP

Motorola PT-400 Help

Post by WA7IEP » Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi:
I'm looking for help with replacing crystals and tuning a Motorola PT-400. It has the low VHF frequency split, and is currently set for 143.025 MHz. I have crystals for the 2M band. I don't trust my soldering / desoldering skills and have to real RF test equipment to properly tune the radio even if I could swap crystals. I was wondering if anyone has experience working on these or knows of someone who does.
Thank You,
Gary / WA7IEP

mileston

Re: Motorola PT-400 Help

Post by mileston » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:37 am

WA7IEP wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 pm
Hi:
I'm looking for help with replacing crystals and tuning a Motorola PT-400. It has the low VHF frequency split, and is currently set for 143.025 MHz. I have crystals for the 2M band. I don't trust my soldering / desoldering skills and have to real RF test equipment to properly tune the radio even if I could swap crystals. I was wondering if anyone has experience working on these or knows of someone who does.
Thank You,
Gary / WA7IEP
Hi there I am newbie here and look what I have found from the net with a little bit search I have found this reddit thread which I think would be very helpful to you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/c ... _guide_to/

naruto11

Post by naruto11 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:24 am

WA7IEP wrote:
Hi:
I'm looking for help with replacing crystals and tuning a Motorola PT-400. It has the low VHF frequency split, and is currently set for 143.025 MHz. I have crystals for the 2M band. I don't trust my soldering / desoldering skills and have to real RF test equipment to properly tune the radio even if I could swap crystals. I was wondering if anyone has experience working on these or knows of someone who does.kinemaster mods
Thank You,
Gary / WA7IEP
Hey WA7IEP, if you don't have soldering skills, then i suggest you let it done at any shop. or you can get some experience by soldering any broken devices if you have. if you try yourself without the experience, it may result in wrong direction.

Andrew1

Post by Andrew1 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:49 pm

WA7IEP wrote:
Hi:
I'm looking for help with replacing crystals and tuning a Motorola PT-400. It has the low VHF frequency split, and is currently set for 143.025 MHz. I have crystals for the 2M band. I don't trust my soldering / desoldering skills and have to real RF test equipment to properly tune the radio even if I could swap crystals. I was wonderingNulls Brawl Apk if anyone has experience working on these or knows of someone who does.
Thank You,
Gary / WA7IEP
Try improving your soldering skill. BTW PM me I will resolve your issue.

arunsdz

Post by arunsdz » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:00 pm

Yeah switching to Motorola PT-400 is also a good option in the short-range that has been set to some frequency. Besides crystal made for long-range, compared with Motorola it depends on choice for classic mode phone.

ananyaa

Post by ananyaa » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:18 am

mileston wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:37 am
WA7IEP wrote:
Hi:
I'm looking for help with replacing crystals and tuning a Motorola PT-400. It has the low VHF frequency split, and is currently set for 143.025 MHz. I have crystals for the 2M band. I don't trust my soldering / desoldering skills and have to real RF test equipment to properly tune the radio even if I could swap crystals. I was wondering if anyone has experience working ongb whatsapp these or knows of someone who does.
Thank You,
Gary / WA7IEP
Hi there I am newbie here and look what I have foundgb whatsapp download from the net with a little bit search I have found this reddit thread which I think would be very helpful to you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/c ... _guide_to/
Do I need a DC voltmeter? without voltmeter can I do it.

vikasraj

Post by vikasraj » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:59 pm

WA7IEP wrote:
Hi:
I'm looking for help with replacing crystals and tuning a Motorola PT-400. It has the low VHF frequency split, and is currently set for 143.025 MHz. I have crystals for the 2M band. I don't trust my soldering / desoldering skills and have to real RF test equipment to properly tune the radio even if I could swap crystals. I was wondering if anyone has experience with gta 5 mobile working on these or knows of someone who does.
Thank You,
Gary / WA7IEP
Switching to Motorola PT-400 is also a good option in the short-range that has been set to some frequency. I am also using it currently