Fraud Complaints - shipping - timing

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
k4kk

Fraud Complaints - shipping - timing

Post by k4kk »

A lot has been posted in other forums regarding the speed at which fraud complaints should be filed, etc.

I have a deal that is ongoing (sadly) with another ham radio operator. I purchased a heil microphone and paid for it via money order. I mailed it out the next day. He received it and acknowledged via email. He also mailed the microphone. Unfortunately, there is little means to track USPS mail unlike some of the other services.

To date (over 2 1/2 weeks later) I have not received it. I have sent emails to the shipper every third day or so and each time, they have been answered. That alone is enough to keep my warm fuzzy feeling alive. Failure to answer is a sure fire way to get me concerned.

The shipper has offered to refund my money and it MAY come to that. However, as long as there are open lines of communication, I'm in no real hurry to ask for it. He can't even file USPS paper work until 21 days after shipping. That is getting close so it may become appropriate this week.

Don't ask who the shipper is because I don't think he/she has done anything wrong except choose the USPS and that is probably well within reason! The issue to me is that it was shipped in a timely manner. The supporting information is the continued OPEN COMMUNICATION.

Nobody involved has tried to defraud anyone. There is no fraud except by a government agency posing as a postal service! It was shipped in a timely manner and that's all that I should consider.
KE3GK

Yep ... right ...

Post by KE3GK »

Informative, timely, and pleasant emails are the key to a good deal. Now I know of some crooks that can sell their grandmothers and smile ... that's why it is a good idea to have them always include verifiable tracking numbers. :wink: