years of Internet deals, never a problem. simple advise.

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
W4AWI

years of Internet deals, never a problem. simple advise.

Post by W4AWI »

:D
I just wanted to say that Ive been selling and buying ham radios related items using pages like QTH, QRZ and eham for years without any problems. How? I steer away from buyers whom I think are incompetent or just don't know what they are doing. I can tell by the questions. If you start feeling queesy about a buyer's questions, or a seller is vague or has strange answers, just don't take the chance. It usually is NOT worth the risk and huge hassles. I used to use eBay for everything. No More. eBay for me is for the simple household stuff. Anything ham goes to the knowledgable audience on the ham classifieds, for example. The same happens with old car parts, motorcyle related items etc. And finally, double box and super-pack anything even close to being fragile. UPS has become a genius at getting OUT of paying for damaged goods using the improper packing excuse. I hope this helped someone.
KE3GK

Years of internet deals ...

Post by KE3GK »

Excellent suggestion ... and one that sometimes we forget when we find something that we really want ...

If it don't feel good ... don't do it.