Scam Scam Do not bite this crooks hook Scam Scam

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
N8ERM

Scam Scam Do not bite this crooks hook Scam Scam

Post by N8ERM »

From: "michelle lang" <mchlllang757> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by gmail.com. Learn more
To: n8erm@qth.com
Subject: WACOM 900 MHz DUPLEXER/FILTERS

Hello,
Good day to you!am interested in purchasing your item without no further delay,but first?What is the final price of the item? Will you be accepting a US certified Cashiers Check or personal check?Also i have a shipper that will coming for the pickup of the item and the payment you are going to receive will include some excess fund which you are to send to the shipper same day you got the payment vis western union or money gram and i will like to asked you some questions..

1.Can i trust u wit! h the money?
2.Will you be able to wire transfer the excess the same day you receive the payment ?
3.Will u be available when the shipping company will be coming for the pickup?
4.Is the working condition of the ITEM okay?
5.Your personal email address?
6.Can i take you for your words?

Contact me with the present state of the item and your contact information to mail out the payment to you as soon as possible.Name you want on check: Home Address: City:State: Country: Phone Number/Office Number.
Regards
K4BOF

Interesting,...

Post by K4BOF »

Funny, I keep getting strange $1 *** ads from this same email address that you have listed above,...

Although the meds are not needed in VA, I think this is a 'phishing' scheme or somebody has hacked into the 'Reply to this Ad/Email' under the classified section on this website. Bruce K4BOF
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Typical Nigeria scammers , it was on 60 minutes a few weeks ago. I get them once in a while and actually played one out to see how it works , You can read and track the story I wrote in QTH if you search for N4ATS or Nigeria (if it is still archived)
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
W4XQ

These scams are so old...

Post by W4XQ »

These scams have been around a very long time. Just Google "Scam the scammers" and see what comes up. One website that has hints on how to waste the time and resources of the scammers and has been around for a long time can be found at http://www.419eater.com/

Just remember: If it sounds too good to be true...

Steve W4XQ
www.W4XQ.com

Life Is Short... Eat Your Dessert First!